Cause and Effect on the Body

To get a better understanding of the idea of cause and effect we thought it an interesting idea to see the effects not eating would have on us. This would include photos to show any visual changes, a blog to write everyday with how we feel, any changes and how we felt.

Day One:

Having usually had breakfast by 9 it was difficult to get into my routine of work. I also found that knowing I couldn’t eat made me feel hungrier then I would have felt if I knew lunch was coming. By this time I had a glass of milkshake, I did start to feel shaky also, so had some Lucazade to help, plus this could help me feel more full.

Not eating had an effect on my work, I was unable to concentrate and found that i got impatient with finding quotes.

I did want to go to bed early as I was getting fed up, i also felt rather emotional, this was including having work to do, missing family and when Alex (Marshall) came home from work I found it hard to talk about anything but food.

During the day I found that food was everywhere when watching television. I’m not sure whether it was because food was on my mind or whether food just was everywhere.

Day Two:

This is the second day without food. I have found myself being a lot more tired and trying to do work has definitely been more challenging. I had met a friend who said I was being ‘mardy’ and quite hard be around. I can see where she is coming from. It has made me very impatient and at times I found I’d just rather go to bed and sleep.

It was very unfortunate that my friend also made herself fajitas and this was like torture. Usually if I knew I had dinner back at home I wouldn’t be so bothered, however knowing I wasn’t able to eat full stop made the whole process much harder.
I am still drinking milkshakes as I find they make me feel full.

Day Three:

Not eating is definitely having an effect on my focus and ability to do work. I don’t feel as bad as I did the first day however with work needing to be done I think this may be my last day.

I have learnt that great dedication is needed for such experimental projects and perhaps if I didn’t have essays and performances i could have gone for longer. As the week as gone on the feeling of hunger and the needing of food as not been as bad.
I’m not sure if there are any physical differences in my yet, I have felt a lot more tied and drained as usual, and a lot more emotional, whilst being with friends I have felt rather impatient with them and this came across when trying to talk about work and trying to help her. It has felt, for me that it is mind over matter and the thought of not being allowed to eat is what made it more difficult.

This entry was posted in Abbie Manning, Research. Bookmark the permalink.