Experiments – You Spin Me Right Round

Gaining more interest in the human body we looked at ways we could push our bodies. One way we did this was by spinning round as fast as we could and then performing a simple challenge. At first we just simply spun round and stopped. we all compared it to feeling drunk; the room spinning, feeling sick, unable to focus.

We then span round more and tried to write our name on a piece of paper. Personally, i lost the feeling before i had reached my paper, my concentration to get to my destination had got rid of the feeling. The next challenge was to spin and when given the command make our way to the table which had a jug of water and a glass on it, which we had to fill up with the water from the jug. I didn’t have a go at this but as an observer and hearing the comments made the feeling of dizziness had gone when they had sat down, before filling the cup up with water.

Another experiment we wanted to try was stopping eating for up to a week. Alex and myself are going to do this, leaving blogs and pictures for the viewing of others to see the process. The idea is to not see if we can last a week but look at the moods and changes in our body.

Other artists to look into, in relation to our own experiments, would be the French performer Orlan, Franko B and Stelarc as they all explore the limitations of the body.

This entry was posted in Abbie Manning, Research. Bookmark the permalink.